Saturday, November 26, 2022

The Saturday after Thanksgiving

 I am sooo tired!   This year, Thanksgiving didn't feel as stressful as it has in the past.  I think that is partly because it was just family here and I was not really trying to impress anyone.   Everything went smoothly.   Food was good.  There were some minor flaws- like trying to make dinner rolls out of a pizza crust mix.   Not having a variety of salad dressings.  Just not really worrying.

I have been, however, worried about Courtney.   She had her thyroid removed to hopefully remove all of the cancer in her thyroid.   We were kept in the loop by Zach (Courtney's boyfriend) and Jenny, Zach's mother.  I am so appreciative of their support and love of Courtney, and also staying in touch with us.

Zach posted a silly picture of Courtney, post surgery, that I will post here:




1 comment:

  1. Nancy, that is what I recall my incision looking like when I had a partial thyroid removal many years ago. Even though it was partial, it was as long as Courtney’s. It looked better as it healed. I never had a drain. But I believe they are even better at facilitating minimal scarring these days. And now to wait to see if more therapy is needed?

    ReplyDelete