Tuesday, September 20, 2022

September is almost over


How's that for a strange picture?  

It's an x-ray of my implanted tooth.   The tooth is extracted and a screw thing/ post, is put in.   After it heals, a tooth/ crown is put in place.    From a normal, non x-ray point of view, it looks like a regular tooth- like it's been there all along.

This tooth and I have a long history.  I had an ancient filling in the tooth that was starting to show decay and was falling apart.  So I had a root canal in anticipation of having a regular crown put in.  The original tooth would not be removed- just filed down for the crown to fit over it.

The root canal was not terrible.  People say how terrible they are, but that was not my experience.  What happened later was not so good.  I got an abscess in my gums and had to have an apicoectomy.  That's a procedure that removes infection at the root if you get an infection after a root canal.   It is a surgical procedure and not at all fun.

Even after all of that I ended up losing that tooth and went in for an implant.

I currently have an infection in my gums where the implant it.    I saw my dentist yesterday and I am seeing an oral surgeon tomorrow.   They might have to do a "procedure".  I have no idea what that could entail.

I think that at least a part of why I am so tired lately is that I have an active infection on my mouth.   Plus I am recovering from a Covid vaccine last week and a terrible celiac full on attack.   My body is working overtime on being well.   I think my body is telling me to take it easy.

Cruising this week!   I'll tack the itinerary on the end of this unless I have on a previous post already.  I am really looking forward to getting on the ship and relaxing.  Of course there is a possibility that we will run into a hurricane, but I am not stressed about that- yet!

The first port on this trip is Prince Edward Island followed by Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Wish us luck!







Day

Ports of Call

Arrival

Departure

 Sept 23 day 1

New York, New York

---Not Applicable

4:00 PM

day 2

At Sea

---Not Applicable

---Not Applicable

day 3

At Sea

---Not Applicable

---Not Applicable

day 4

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

day 5

Sydney, Nova Scotia

8:00 AM

6:00 PM

day 6

Halifax, Nova Scotia

9:00 AM

6:00 PM

day 7

Saint John (Bay Of Fundy), New Brunswick

12:45 PM

---Not Applicable

day 8

Saint John (Bay Of Fundy), New Brunswick

---Not Applicable

12:40 AM

day 8

Portland, Maine

12:30 PM

10:00 PM

day 9

Boston, Massachusetts

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

day 10

At Sea

---Not Applicable

---Not Applicable

Oct 3  day 11

New York, New York

7:00 AM

---



The Norwegian Joy






 

No comments:

Post a Comment