Friday, November 26, 2021

Thanksgiving 2021

 Thanksgiving came and went.   There was turkey, stuffing- both "regular"  and gluten free.   Cooked carrots, mashed potatoes, gravy and gluten free rolls.    Pumpkin pie and whipped cream after.

My sister Carol, and her son, Tom (I call him Tommy) were here.  My son Chance and my husband Nick.  It was a small gathering, but it was nice.  Chance and Tommy are first cousins, but have not really spent much time as adults (as Chance later said to me).

Carol's dog Leah and our Buddy was here too.  Poor Buddy is recovering from soft tissue damage to his back legs, so he is essentially crippled at the moment.

It's funny how, after a meal, it is so comfortable to stay at the dining room table and talk.    I think it's because we are all facing each other and so conversation is easy.   

Carol and I talked a lot about Thanksgivings past and how crazy families are.   Memories!

It was really a nice day!



No comments:

Post a Comment