Tuesday, February 7, 2023

And then there are good thngs in life

 

You never really know how far reaching your helping moms goes. I had my very first LLL Group as a Leader in Chiang Mai, Thailand from 1981-83. One of the moms in my group was a first time mom expecting twins. her babies were born premature and she had a rough time. We had just gone on home leave around the time the babies got out f the hospital. En-route to Virginia, we stopped in Hawaii. I called the local LLL Leader there and had her mail a breast pump- non-electric to this mom .

When we returned the twins were nursing well.

Today I was chatting (PMing?) with that mom- whose twins are now 40. I told her that I am still an active LLL Leader. here's what she said to me:

Very glad you get to be with babies still! Thank you for caring for us with La Leche League those years ago. It was so deeply helpful to me.

I am adding two pictures, one of Esther nursing the boys when they were three months old.  And a second picture when they were around 8 months old.


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment