Sunday, January 22, 2023

Sour Milk

 I put the frozen strawberries in the bottom of my mug, added instant (gluten free) oatmeal and water.  Put it into the microwave.  Started my coffee.  Both were ready at about the same time.  Then, I poured on the milk.  It curdled.  It was sour.  Gross.  Disappointing  Not the best was to start the day.

I dumped out the coffee, the oatmeal and the carton of milk and ran the garbage disposal.  I started over again and this time I had success.  But I would have enjoyed it more without having to go through the sour milk  experience first.

I guess that is just how this day is going to go. 

I went to bed before midnight last night.  Unusual for me.  I put drops in my ear- I have an ear infection.  Then I remembered that I was going to take something for my headache .  I decided not to get up because I didn't want the ear drops to run out.

At 2:00 AM I was woken up by Buddy barking/ whining.   Let him out to poop and then, happily, we both went back to bed.

When I finally woke up on my own I saw, on my c-pap, that I slept almost 8 hours.  Unheard of.  I guess I am sick, or healing, or both.

After I had my oatmeal and coffee- with non-sour milk, I had a stomach upset.  Maybe from the salad I had last night?  Probably.

Nick called from Florida this morning.  It was so nice to talk to him!  He and Austin are having quite an adventure- various ships and many locations.   I am happy for them.

I have two bird-feeders that are attached to the windows in the family room.  It's great because you can just sit there and watch the birds.  But, when I try to get close enough to get a good picture, they stay away.  Hmm.  Silly birds.  Or silly me, smart birds.  

My chia pet is about done.  The "hair" is starting to flop.   It's a weird idea- pasting seeds to a ceramic head and watching them grow.  I wonder who ever thought that up, and why!

Time for more ear drops.  Three times a day.  Looking forward to feeling better.




 
I wanted to do a puzzle while Nick and Austin are away.  I love doing them together, but thought I would do this one on my own.  It is way harder than I anticipated and I don't know if or when I will get it done!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment