Sunday, January 1, 2023

New Year's Eve in Seattle

 

the fireworks at the Seattle Space Needle    



When in Seattle---.  Still at Morgan and Kim's house.   Last night we watched the ball drop in New York, some of the celebration in New Orleans, and eventully here in Seattle.

Even though we have been here for a week, midnight here is 3:00 am "my time".   It was fun seeing the fireworks shot off of the Space Needls and the drone show that accompanied it.

Morgan and Kim and Mermaid (their housemate) all had wigs on to help celebrate.the new year.  Austin says he had a wig on for a minute but I can't remember.  I declined the offer of a wig.  Nick went to bed.

Tomorrow evening I board a flight back to Virginia.  Nick and Austin are heading off on a cruising adventure.

New Year's Eve conjures up memories of so many years.  So many places the world over.

This is the year I turn 69.  Another year loser to 70.  That seems unreal to me.   Turning 60 had me feeling conflicted about getting older.  Then I learned that I had a brain tumor and all of a sudden my age didn't mean anything to me.

I don't anticipate any major health issues this year, but one doesn't.


And so, Happy New Year 2023!!

No comments:

Post a Comment