Saturday, November 19, 2022

What a week it has been

 Austin texted me that he was feeling really sick.  Pain on the right side.  Weak, throwing up a bit.  I told him to get to the hospital in case it was appendicitis.  He went and had IV fluids and got blood taken.  He had a CT scan that determined that it was not his appendix but colitis.

So, I flew up to Maine to help Austin out.  It wasn't his appendix, but he was sick and I wanted to be there.

I rented a car and drove from Portland, Maine where the airport is, to Warren, where Austin lives.   It was an hour and a half drive in the dark in Maine.  Much of it on rural roads.  In fact, when I got to Austin; s street, I passed his house.  I noticed the numbers on mailboxes getting higher and turned around and found it.  There are no street lights on those country roads in rural Maine.

We sat and watched TV. I had brought some packaged oatmeal and some instant coffee.  Those mixed all together with peanut butter and boiling wanted made a good breakfast for me.

Austin was not sure if he had sheets for the bed in the guest room, but he found some.  He also has an electric blanket- which was much needed in his old, not very heated house .

Austin had been planning to come to Virginia for Thanksgiving, driving and bringing Molly, his cat.  His car is in the shop, and with Austin not feeling that great it seemed like a better idea for Austin and I and Molly to fly back together.

Well, we got to the airport too late for our luggage to be checked.  We were offered a later flight, but really did not want Molly to spend too much time without food and water (and kitty litter) in her carrier.   So, Austin and Molly went on the flight we were supposed to be on together.  I caught a later flight that went from Portland, Maine to Newark with a lay over of an hour or so, then on to Dulles.

I think Austin  and Molly got in about 3 or 4 hours ahead of me.   My flight got in closer to midnight.  Since I was wrestling with my suitcase and Austin' suitcase, plus my purse, backpack and my cane, I was ever so grateful that Austin and Nick picked me up!

It sure felt a lot busier, and more stressful than what I just wrote!

Molly in her carrier



Before leaving, I ordered my blog to be made into book form.  It's something I have thought about many times.   I bit the bullet and did it.  The six, hardback volumes of my blog arrived this evening.  I am really happy with how it turned out!

















No comments:

Post a Comment