Friday, April 8, 2022

The finches are yellow, it must be spring!

 I have birdfeeders and so, I have a lot of birds around.  I don't remember being into birdfeeders much until 2001 when my brother died.  

My sister and I went a little grief crazy and cleared and planted in my back yard.  The yard was pretty overgrown, so I went out and bought a chain saw.  As I wielded that chain saw I said "I am a woman with a chain saw, look out!"

Part of that landscaping included planting trees, bushes and flowers.  And putting in a pole for birdfeeders.   Ever since then I have had bird feeders.    

I didn't know a lot about birds, just that I liked them.  The finches were such a brilliant shade of yellow- they represented hope and joy to me.   I had a finch feeder hanging where I could see it from my sewing room window.  



As the season changed, the yellow finches turned brown.  I didn't know that they did that, but I learned. And I learned that in the early spring their brown becomes tinted with yellow and than one day they are all over bright yellow.  It is spring here now- the finches told me.

This pretty bird- I am not sure what is is, was stunned from flying into the back door I think.  He allowed me to hold him and I got a picture.   


When I go outside in the morning I hear the birds singing up a storm.  I love it!   After dark I hear the occasional owl.  But mostly I hear the frogs with their own kind of evening concert going on.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment