Sunday, February 21, 2021

Silly, stressful, scary, annoying and we survived

 That all make my short little adventure sound much more dramatic than it was.

My sister came over yesterday.  That is usually a pretty normal thing.  Pre pandemic we saw each other at least once a week.  We would hang out at her place or mine.  Watch TV.  Maybe go out to eat.  But, in this past year we hardly see each other at all.  

When my sister was pulling into the driveway, I opened the door to let Buddy (dog) run out to greet her.  Thing is, the driveway was so icy my sistercouldn't get out of her car.  She started manouvering her car to get into a safer space.  But Buddy was running all around the car.  My son's can is in the driveway, so I grabbed the door handle expecting the soundto get Buddy to run to that car.  Well, the car was not locked, so the door opened and Buddy jumped in.

My sister and I laughed at Buddy in my son's car.   But, Buddy managed to push on the door lock and lock the car.  The whole car.  All of the doors.   Opps!

I knew that my son had left keys here so I ran to get them.  None of those keys were car keys.   I texted my son to see where the keys might be.  He has them.  He is in Maine.

Meanwhile, Buddy is locked in the car.  He's barking and looking excited and happy.  I'm sure he was wondering where we were going and when were we leaving.

I called car insurance/ roadside assist company.  They were really busy and it would be several hours before they could do anything.  I couldn't just leave Buddy locked in the car.

Next I calleda locksmith.  They took less than an hour to come and unlock the car and free Buddy.

Initially I laughed because I thought I had tricked Buddy into thinking we were going out.  Then I panicked when I discovered that the  car keys was hundreds of miles away.  I was afraid that Buddy would get totally stressed out by seeing me and me not getting into the car or letting him out.

I was annoyed with myself for letting such a dumb thing happen.  My son was upset that the dog was inside his car.   (frankly the inside of the car is a bit of a mess).

I was grateful that the weather was cold and Buddy was not going to die of a heat stroke.

And today, Buddy and I are hanging out watching TV.  I wonder if he will dream about being stuck inside a car?  

                                                            Buddy locked in the car!


No comments:

Post a Comment