Tuesday, February 9, 2021

December 6 through February 25th

 Those dates are the times/ dates on the calendar when the kids ages are all three years apart.    So, for now, their ages are 30, 33, 36. 39 & 42.   I remember when they were little thinking of those three year increments 3-6-9-12-15.     

Of course it is trite asking yourself "where has the time gone?".  But it's also a real question.  A mind -blower.    Time travel is not real, or is it?

I wake up in the morning and I ask myself what the heck happened?   Did we really have all those kids?  That crazy, noisy house?   

It's a good thing we were as young as we were when we had little kids.   

I am sure that the kids are all tired of me telling stories about what they did when they were little.  But, they started out as a piece of me.  Inside my body.   Living, truly from the blood my heart pumped, and then the milk my body made for them.   So, the fact that all five kids are as independent and don't really "need" me or us, they are us.   They are the dust that we will be one day.  

I read somewhere that a bit of each pregancy's DNA stays in the mother's brain cells.  No matter what, they are all with me and will be even when I am dead and gone.    They are made of my cells and Nick's cells and we will always carry us in thier bodies.  And our grandchildren if there are ever any.

But to think that my mom had my DNA in her body and her mother had my mom's and on back into the beginning of time.  Time travel is real.



No comments:

Post a Comment