Thursday, February 25, 2021

Birthdays

Five times  year I reflect on my kids' birthdays. February 25, 1978,  March 4, 1981, August 31, 1984, May 3, 1987 & December 6, 1990

Five babies.  Five kids, teens, and five adults.  My youngest is 30!   My oldest is 43 today!

I remember learning I was pregnant with each one and being so happy.  I remember morning sickness.  Nausea.   Not being able to stand the smell of coffee or bacon.  I remember being so totally tired, exhausted .  Falling alseep at 8:00 pm.  My belly growing big and me, waddling like a pregnant woman!   

Five births.  Each one different and I remember them all.   I'm sure that none of them want to hear their birth stories- again.   But, Nick and I can share the memories.   The scary times and the joy too.  

Learning to breastfeed.  Thinking that I knew everything there was to know because I had read all the books, and realizing that my babies did not read the books or know the rules.  They only knew how to be babies.  Hungry, warm little beings that were totally dependent on me for thier food.   What a frightening and awesome responsibilty.   

We,my babies and I, were one being for awhile as they grew inside my body.  And again when we were nursing- my milk going into thier bellies and watching them grow .

And now they are amazing adults and I am older and more frail.  

Happy Birthday!


Nancy in labor with Courtney




Newborn Courtney



Morgan's first hospital picture




Newborn Darcy in Tromso



Austin a few days old


Chance in the hospital
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment