Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Summing it all up: a letter I wrote a few minutes ago


 I am in Oregon and have been since August 24th.    I came to house and cat sit for our daughter so she and her boyfriend could attend the Burning Man festival.   Our son Chance flew out with me to keep me company.  Another son, Austin was here and planning to go to Burning Man as well.


Chance and I were able to do some much needed house and garden work as well as visiting some of my cousins and old friends.    Chance was here for just over a week and is now back in Aldie staying with Nick.


After the whole trip was planned, Courtney learned that she has thyroid cancer.  She needs surgery, which was scheduled for September 14th.  Since I would already be here I have been planning to stay until after the surgery.

As the kids started heading home last night, they discovered that Austin has tested positive for covid.    This morning Zach, Courtney's boyfriend, also tested positive.  So far Courtney not has tested positive.

I will be checking into an air B&B before the kids get back- to avoid contact.

Of course, now there is the uncertainty about whether Courtney will have surgery next week or not.

I have been planning to return to Virginia on the 17th, but now I may be heading back earlier.

Nick and I are scheduled to go on a cruise September 23rd.

Wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment