Saturday, August 27, 2022

Portland, Oregon

 Here  we are!  Chance and I are house and cat sitting for Courtney and Zach while they are at Burning Man.   

This is the first time Chance and I have traveled alone together in- well, maybe ever.  It's so strange when your child, especially the "baby" of the family is an adult.   

Our arrival at PDX (Portland International Airport) was something of a Keystone Cops adventure! It's a little bit more complicated than I want to get into, but it was crazy. It involved searching for the car rental place. which should have taken a few minutes and ended up taking about an hour and several trips around the airport in Courtney's car.  But, we are here.

Jet lag is real, and the first day we were here I was falling asleep everywhere.   I am getting more in synch  with the time differences now.

Yesterday I thought that it would be nice to be tourists and I booked a touristy river cruise for Chance and myself.  I have been on this cruise twice before and know how nice it it.

Well, the app I was sent by the cruise company took us somewhere that was not the right place.   We parked and we walked and we never found the boat.   I was so exhausted by all the walking that I sat on a wall while Chance got the car and picked me up.  I guess we should have taken a taxi?

I think we have come to the agreement that when we go out together, Chance will do the driving.  My second guessing myself when I am driving makes Chance crazy and in turn makes me nervous.

As when Nick and Buddy and I went to Maine. Lots of organizing and tidying up. starting with the kitchen.  That's what we are doing here.  Imagine my delight in discovering that Chance likes cleaning and organizing too!



The coffee house that was here the last few times I was here is gone- closed.  But a new one has opened in it's place..  We've been there a couple of times.

Chance in the coffee house


Oregon Berry Shake








No comments:

Post a Comment