Wednesday, August 3, 2022

In other news: I'm okay

 I have been having headaches for about a year now.  My neurologist had me try several migraine drugs to see what works best for me.  The one I am taking is called Ubelvry.  It's very expensive- over $1000.00 for a box of ten tablets.   Fortunately my insurance has approved it and so it doesn't cost me anything.  Even so, just knowing how expensive it is makes me ration it.  Also, it can make me sleepy, so I don't take it if I am driving anywhere.

Of course, with my history of having two brain tumors and needing brain surgery twice make me a bit worried/ stressed/ freaked out!

Sunday we went to Bethesda for me to get an MRI.   I am claustrophobic, so I take drugs to calm me  down.   The MRI was not too bad with medication on board.  And, on Monday, I got the results.  No tumors!

For now at least I can relax a bit.  It doesn't mean the headaches will stop.  But, at least I know that the headaches if not from a brain tumor!



The ribbon says:  "left frontal meningioma 6/2014"  and "Skull hemangioma 11/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment