Thursday, May 14, 2020

Time after Time

I looked up the lyrics to this song and decided that they were too long to post here.  So I am just putting the link here.

 The whole world is sick.  Or has been sick.  Or on the verge of being sick.  Or knows of someone who has been sick.  Or dies.   It's hard to do anything.  I mean anything.  even getting a shower and getting dressed is hard.   We no longer just jump into the car and go out.  There's nowhere that is safe to go now.  Nick goes to the grocery store while I stay home.

Mostly I watch TV.  And eat.  And play with my computer or phone.  It's hard to concentrate on much.

There's an article titled "Why it"s so hard to read a book right now."    I can't even make myself read the aricle.

We are both seeming to have mobility problems.  My legs are so stiff and achy when I try to do a lot.  Actually, they are stiffest after I have been sitting for too long.  Which seems to be all the time these days.

A few weeks ago I discovered a birds nest with eggs in it.   I love that sort of thing- the world working like it should.  Next time I looked there were these tiny, naked baby birds.  Their eyes were not even open yet, but their greedy, hungry beaks were wide open.   Today I went to take a peek at the nest.  When I did, five or six small, fully developed birds flew right out of their hiding place and flew away.   Ah, they grow up so fast!   The took off in such a hurry and surprised me so much I didn't get a picture of them today.

Eggs April 20, 2020
Baby Birds

Mommy wren



No comments:

Post a Comment