Monday, May 18, 2020

I think it's Monday

Just kidding.  I know that it's Monday.  I know because it says so on my phone and on my computer screen.   Yup.

I am still knitting away.  Here's my latest creation:

Yes, I have made a toilet paper cover.  I used to see these in people's houses (bathrooms) when I was a kid.  I guess they went out of fashion.   I am thinking of making a bunch of them- for each kid.  Why not?







A couple of weeks ago there was a fly over by the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds .  We couldn't see it from our house, but my nephew and his family went to a place where they could see them.  My nephew shared a picture he took.  It was such a great picture that I had it made into a poster.



For some reason the poster was delivered to our old house in Reston, so I had to contact the person who bought our house.  Nick and I went to pick it up and then took it to my sister's house.  She can get it to her son/ my nephew.

When  the whole stay at home/ quarantine started, I had great ambitions to make tons of masks.  Well, I made two and started a third and I just couldn't do any more.  I am not sure why.   I guess it's just a part of the depression that goes with being safe and staying home as much as possible.  I did find some people on a Facebook group called "Crafting During Quarantine" who are making masks. I asked if anyone needed any supplies.  Two women said that they don't have enough elastic.  Today I  took two big envelopes fill of elastic and mailed them.  One to Brooklyn  and one to Arizona.  Now I feel like I am doing my bit.

Nick and I wear masks when we go out.   He is out a lot more than me because he does all of the food shopping.  In fact the other day we went out together and I shopped for the first time.  We went to Home Depot.  Nick had shopping to do inside.  I stayed in the garden center outside.  I got some pretty flowers for the front porch.    I was impressed that everyone I saw was wearing a mask.  Nick said that inside the store, not so much.  He said that there were a lot of people with no mask who had a defiant look.  

It just hit me the other day that a lot of what we (everyone) is /are mourning.  We are mourning the deaths of  over 300,000 people.  On the news this evening there was a report of a 16 year old girl in DC who died today.  It is a very strange, sad, dystopian time.

Last week my email group, PS (Power Surge) had a Zoom meeting.  We are planning to try again this week.   It is so nice to meet with and visit with these friends.  We started this group in 1995 or 1996.

Terry in Canada, Kathie  in Minnesota, Eileen in Israel, Joan in Rhode Island,, Alice in Washington State, Me (Nancy) in Virginia, Carroll in South Carolina, Johanna in Indiana, Connie in Kansas, Mary in California, Barbara in Arkansas and Susan in North Carolina
                                                                                                                


It is really strange being so unstructured.  Not that we are always on the go.  But I have had activities  like the Breastfeeding cafe I have been organizing weekly for over 10 years.  I do hope that it will start up again eventually.

I have completed filling up 10 binders full of old mail.  I need to find more letters to put into binders.    I know that there are more, I just need to find them.

I saw a neat system for organizing knitting needles and supplies.   Double pointed needles and circular needles don't have the size stamped on them which means, even if I have them somewhat organized now, I always have to double check the size with a sizing tool.  The method I am planning to use will have all of the needles (double pointed and circular) into a a zipper pocket folder and label them.  I don't know who reads this or if anything I say here makes sense.  Oh well.

Steven Colbert is on TV.  Good night.



No comments:

Post a Comment