Saturday, August 26, 2023

Just feeling tired lately

 I have been feeling crummy a lot lately.  Tired.  Blah.  No energy to do anything.

I suppose that to some extent there's some fine tuning that needs to be worked on.  I need to see a endocrinologist and really get the doses of my medications fine tuned

When Courtney and I were on our Alaska cruise, my feet and legs swelled up.  It was actually painful at times.  I was so glad to have my compression socks with me- they helped a lot.  My knee was hurting some too, but I did have a rental scooter which helped a lot .

Courtney got Covid after the cruise. I thought I had it too but I didn't.  I read the test wrong.  Even so I was feeling crummy.

After we got back and I was back in Virginia and went to my orthopedic doctor.  I got a steroid shot in my knee- this is what the doctor's report says:  2 mL Triamcinolone 40 MG/ML; 3 mL lidocaine 1 %.   I guess it does help the knee pain.  But it also made me miserable.  I was hot all the time to the point of sweating. A lot.  And I itched.  And I was just irritable all the time.

I remembered back to nine years ago, after brain surgery.  I was so hot that the nursed kept putting bags of ice on me.  Looking back, I think that feeling may have been because I was on steroids then to prevent my brain from swelling So U have come to the conclusion that steroids are not good for me!

And next, the implanted tooth.  I got it put back after having it removed due to an infection.  After having the crown removed, the oral surgeon took out the "post"- the piece to holds the crown in place.  I had a ton of bone grafting and otherwise very painful stuff stuff..  The infection recently returned.  My dentist put my on antibiotics to kill the infection.  Yadayadayada.  

 I have been feeling terrible for about a week.  Bloating.  Constipation.  All over yucky!  Well, my little brain started clicking in and I decided to look up the side effects of the antibiotic I was taking.  All of my belly issues were listed.  My stomach is not 100% perfect, but it is much better.

I feel like my body has been through a real beating.  No wonder I am so tired so often.   

I need to make a bunch of appointments with a variety of reasons and see if I can get back on track.

Meanwhile, Chance has moved his cat to his house in Martinsburg, West Virginia .  He will be back to get his car because he used my car for moving a lot of stuff.    It's so strange not having him here in the house.   He has lived away from home for around 10 years, but the last year he has been living here and I have gotten used to it,

Courtney posted a picture of herself in a cat bra that she bought for Burning Man.   It makes me laugh.  She is at the Burning Man site now- in the Black Rock Desert  in Nevada.   Austin is there now too and Morgan and Kim will be getting there pretty soon.

 

This is a picture of Courtney at age three playing in the mud.   



 This is Courtney in her Burning Man cat bra







This is Courtney at Burning Man 2023  

 

I started writing tonight because I have been seeing so many back to school pictures of babies that I have helped who are now all grown up.  It is so bittersweet .



No comments:

Post a Comment