Monday, April 24, 2023

is it spring? summer?

 We have had weather that's been hot- in the 80s and then tonight it is down to about 40°.   Things have bloomed and stopped blooming in time for the next crop of blooming plants.    We got it right this year.

Last fall, Nick planted daffodils and tulips.  First the daffodils gave a wonderful show and as they were fading the tulips were blooming.  The flowers are all gone from the tulips now.  Some from the wind, but most, I suspect, from being eaten by deer and rabbits.   Now we have irises in bloom!    

The pink petals have all fallen off of the cherry tree and look like a pink puddle under the tree.

I am not much of a gardener.  I do enjoy looking at all of the flowers.  And I do grow some in pots outside when it gets warm enough.  I have too many house plants.  I just can't help it.

I don't understand why it is so much easier to fall as you get older.  And more dangerous.   I fell the other day when I was filling the bird feeders.  I couldn't get myself up so I called Nick and he came outside to help me.  

 
 






Temperature blanket















************************************************************



No comments:

Post a Comment