Thursday, December 8, 2022

Dreams

 Dreams are so strange. They are never planned and usually the content of a dream is unexpected.

Last night I dreamed about my Grandma Thompsen.  We talked and joked and she was so alive.  My sister was there as well.   We askedher about her life. Where she lived and how about her siblings and their families.    

I wonder if either of my Norwegian grandparents had ever even met the other one's family.  I know that my grandmother's sister was in Oregon, my Tanta Lina.  So they spent time with her.  But what about my mysterious grandfather?   Nobody ever talked about him at all.  It's strange.  The relatives we know in Norway, and from Norway are almost all from my grandfather's side.

I am sure that what got me dreaming about my grandmother is the document I ofund on Ancestry.com.  I got their marriage certifiate.  It doesn't really say a whole lot- in fact nothing about the two people getting married asided from their age and where they were from.






No comments:

Post a Comment