Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Bucket lists

 I never really believed in "bucket lists" for myself.  If you don't know what it means, it is a list of the things you would like to do before you "kick the bucket" which is a euphemism for dying.  I have no idea where that expression came from.

I've always felt that it was natural to want to accomplish things in life, but I never really put the things I wanted to do, into words.

And then, I saw something- an ad or an article about weaving.  Weaving with a loom.   I would love to know how to weave on a loom.   I signed up for a weaving class when we lived in Norway thinking that I could definitely get a good loom there.  And it would be my life time journey- weaving.  The class was cancelled after one meeting due to low enrollment.

I knit, a lot, frequently.  Just about every day.  I sew, but now as much as I did when I had little kids to sew for.  I have recently taken up making potholders- a form of weaving .  But there is just something about actually weaving on a big loom and making cloth appeals to me.  Tugs at me.

I would love to go away to a place, in New Hampshire I think, where weaving workshops and lessons are given.   Maybe I will do that one day.  Yes, that can be on my bucket list!

Meanwhile, my knee is killing me and I need to lose weight so  I can have it fixed.   My mouth hurts because of a dental procedure that involved chiseling out decayed bone and placing bone grafts/.    Nick has cataracts and needs surgery so he can see and read again.

And right this minute I am heading for the shower so we can start out tour of doctors visits for the day!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment