Monday, August 16, 2021

waiting for something?

 I feel like I am waiting.  For something.  I don't know what.  I keep thinking "when I have more energy" and "when my knees work better" and other stuff like that.

I fantasize about traveling and having a ton of energy to walk and hike and not get tired, or sore.

I am losing weight (a difficult topic for me) and hope that will help with my energy.  Hauling around extra weight is exhausting.   I hope that after I recover from my upcoming knee surgery I will be able to be more mobile.

All I feel like I do these days is sit and knit and watch TV.  Work jig saw puzzles a bit too.  I look at my sewing/ craft room in the basement and I think of all the things I want to do.  There are so many things I want to do that I get overwhelmed and don't do anything.

I think that partly I don't do much is that it doesn't feel like it is completely mine.  We have had visits by the various of our kids and they like to use that space.    I don't like to go bother them when they are probably looking for a nice place to hang out.    Funny, I only just realized this:  my sewing room in Reston was just that.  A sewing room.  Nobody ever used it as a get away or a bedroom.  There were no bed in there.  It was entirely my space.  Here we live in the huge house, but I don't have a space that really feels like mine and mine alone.  Nick has his study, which is great.  I am glad he has that.   Hmmm, that's got me thinking.

Back to knitting!








No comments:

Post a Comment