Thursday, May 2, 2024

I'm turning 70!

 

I posted this on a Facebook group for women over 50 and got over 400 responses.  I'll try to post some of them sometime.

" apropos of nothing really I guess. But here I go. I am turning 70 on Sunday May 5th and I am pissed off. I don't want to be 70 and be older and wiser. I know that I don't really have a choice, and once that milestone date passes I will be fine. My sister and my husband, the two people who I am closest to are both 76, so they are not very sympathetic or understanding. No platitudes needed- I just needed to get it out!"

 

This is a picture of me showing a sewing machine to my stepmother

I was 16 or 17 at the time

     

                                                        Nick and Nancy May 1975

 

Eclipse Day April 8, 2024
 

No comments:

Post a Comment