Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Voting

 Nick and I voted today.  We voted for state and regional people and it looks like there have been some good outcomes.   It always feels good to vote.   Austin voted in Maine as well which makes me happy.  He sent me a picture of his "I voted" sticker.

I have never figured out how to space the pictures I post here and my writing.  Oh well!


Austin and Chance were both here for a few days.  Austin longer than Chance.  Both of their cats were here too, enjoying being cared for by their "grandparents".

Both boys left yesterday.  Chance left after Austin did and got home earlier.  Of course Chance lives pretty close and Austin lives way far away.  I love that both of them texted me to let me know that they got home safely.   

Austin said that Molly was really happy to be home in her own house!

I started the Mayo Clinic Diet plan.  It's a great plan, but I am finding it a bit challenging. I have to shop for the foods that I need in order to eat exactly what is on the plan.  It was almost impossible when the boys were here, but it's easier now.  I am really trying!

This morning, Austin texted me from Maine to tell me that his CO (carbon monoxide) alarm had gone off and he was not able to find Molly (his cat).   In a while he let me know that he had found the cat and he and Molly were sitting in the car.  The windows in the house were all opened in case there was a gas leak.   I was able to find a non-emergency phone number for the Warren, Maine fire department.   They sent someone to Austin's  house. It was determined that the alarm was defective.  Austin went out and bought a couple of new alarms for his house.  Phew!

 Tomorrow I plan to visit my dear friend Shannon.  I have not visited her for way too long. She is bedridden due to her cancer causing damage to her spine.    I wish she lived closer!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment