Saturday, July 1, 2023

Am I stressed or anxious as I look forward to the Alaska cruise for Courtney and I (me?)

 Three years ago I read that every mother should try to take a trip with her adult daughter.   That sounded great!  So I booked an Alaska cruise for myself and Courtney.  We were both looking forward to it.

Then the pandemic happened.  All cruises were stopped.  Disappointing as it was, it was the right thing.  I got my cruise money back and dreamed about resuming the cruise planning.

And here we are.  All booked.  I leave Virginia a week from today flying to Seattle.  Courtney and Zach are driving to Seattle and we will all stay at Morgan and Kim's house until cruise time.

 

This is the ship we are going on.   It's huge!
                                                    Quantum of the Seas
 

Zach will drive back to Portland to care for the house and the cats.  Courtney and I will start an adventure of a lifetime!

Courtney and I have been emailing and texting back and forth about the various activities we have planned.  She sent me her three page packing list.  I am making mental notes of what to pack, but should sit down with the list soon. 

I am not planning to take my computer, so don't expect to be blogging. Or looking at Facebook and a zillion other time killing things I do every day!  I am taking some books and something to knit.  I always have taken knitting on cruises and then don't really do much knitting.  But I know that if I don't have my knitting I will get all twitchy wondering why I didn't bring it!

Things that are making me stress and be crazy.  Death.  Too many deaths in a short period of time.  I know that death is always happening.  But to have two people I know and care about just die unexpectedly. 

 And then there's Miri.  She had a terminal disease.  So much of her childhood had already been stolen by the terrible disease, Sanfilipo .  But losing her no matter how anticipated has left a huge hole in the lives of those who loved her.

Health stuff.  I am getting my implanted tooth put back in.  I suffered though an infection and painful oral surgery to make my mouth and jaw ready to get the tooth back in place.   The oral surgery was so painful that just the memory of it has me stressed about the whole thing.  But I actually think it will go well and it will be nice to have a tooth in what is now an empty place.

Austin has been sick the last few days and has been trying to figure out what to do.  I do understand the being lonely and wanting help when you are sick. Wanting your mom.  But he and I both know that I cannot be there.  I am confident that he has figured out the health care available to him.  He'll be alright.

We took Buddy to get his nails clipped yesterday.  even with sedatives on board he was too stressed to get his manicure.   We have scheduled him for a teeth cleaning and while he is under anesthesia for that he will get his nails clipped too.   I just felt terrible that Buddy was so traumatized!

This year, Nick decided to try growing his vegetables on the patio.  They are in plant bags and are doing really well.    If you look really hard, you can see Buddy's nose sticking out behind the chair!

                                                                    Patio Garden




No comments:

Post a Comment