Saturday, June 17, 2023

Miri's Memorial Service


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Driving to and from Pennsylvania was physically exhausting.    Miri's funeral services was very moving.    One point that the minister made was something that I hadn't thought of was that instead of seeing her death as a loss, seeing Miri's life as a gift. 

 Miri's little brother,  Jack, spoke.   He was too little to see over the podium.   He said "Hey I'm a little kid"    he talked about how Miri talked a lot but not in English but more like a rabbit might talk.  Gibberish.  She was very verbal she just didn't speak any language. He said he will miss her but he knows that she is in heaven.

 Miri loved her I pad and was constantly  watching the Mickey Mouse Club and a few other kid shows that I cannot remember.  She was unable to speak words, but could, in her own way, sing along.  Josh (Miri's dad) said the big difference now is how quiet the house is.

*********************************

Posting some Facebook photos from Miri's service:

 What an amazing celebration of my wonderful gift of a daughter. I’d post or share more thanks but I’m mentally and physically exhausted. Thank you to everyone today.(Kathy Nay, Miri's mom)





No comments:

Post a Comment