Wednesday, March 31, 2021

How are we doing? I don't know

Yesterday I got an email from a La Leche League friend.  she was wondering if there was any word on when we can start in person meetings again.  I said I didn't know.  

Then she asked how I am doing. Here's what I wrote to her: 


This year has really been something.  My husband, an introvert, just this morning said that this is just how retirement should be.  Quiet , peaceful,and no stress about doing anything.

I am happy for him. But, I have always been a strong extrovert, and have found the isolation to be very draining and depressing.   I guess we all figure things out .   

I think it's been a hard year in some ways for everyone.  We had a friend die from injuries from falling down the stairs in his house.  Several are gone due to covid.    My own husband fell on his face the other night when he tripped over a loose brick on our patio.  He's got a big gash on the bridge of his nose, but he's okay.
Sorry to dump all of this on your.  
My husband and I have both had our two vaccines and are looking forward to some sort of normal in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment