Sunday, March 14, 2021

A year into the pandemic and everything has changed

 We have to wear masks when we go anywhere.   Even through a drive through.    Don't go into buildings very often at all, but when we do we wear a mask .  

Last year at this time there was talk on the news about hospital personel not having enough PPE (personal protection equipment I think).  I called the hospital down the street from our house to see if I could make masks for the doctors and nurses.  I didn't hear back.  I am sure they had enough chaos without dealing with homemade masks.

I have a lot of fabric left from projects that I never finished and some that I never started.  I printed out mask making instructions and started to cut and sew.  Three masks intothe project, I just couldn't make myself produce any more.   I gave a lot of my fabric to a friend who was making masks.    

Land's End catalog started to sell masks.  Creative Memories scrapbooking company sold masks too.  I got masks from both sources.

The first week of March was registered to attend a Lactation Conference in Philadelphia with my friend Maureen.   I told her that I decided not to go.   A few hours later, Maureen called to let me know that her adult kids had called her and asked her not to go.   And of course this year the conference didn't happen at all.

March 17, 2020 was the day I had scheduled for my second knee replacement surgery.   I cancelled that.   Not only was I uncomfortable about being in the hospital, I didn't see how I could possibly get to physical therapy safely several timesa week.

So here I sit. Recording and watching hours and hours of  Law and Order on TV.   Knitting.  Playing online.  And that's it.

We had our first covid vaccine and get our second one on March 24th.  That will  be a good thing.






No comments:

Post a Comment