Monday, July 20, 2020

Hot hot hot!

115 Heat Index Monday, Excessive Heat Watch Issued For NoVA, DC

The National Weather Service has issued an excessive heat watch for northern Virginia and DC, where it could feel like 115 by Monday.

Taken out of the headlines!  Not really sure how that expression goes, but what I am getting at is that it's really hot.

I am making a point to get out and water everything in the morning.   So far we have had one tomato ripen enough to be picked and brought inside.   I have not eaten it yet  but I guess I should before it goes bad.

Now that the weather is out of the way, what's going on?   Covid 19 is still raging on.  Masks are important.  People are making the wearing of a mask a political issue.  How?  Liberal Dems wear masks, rednecks don't.  That's an oversimplification, but that's how it feels.

I have not really been out in mask territory much.  Nick does most of the shopping.  I stay home.  I did shop a couple of times when Nick was having bad gout.  Walking was too painful for him.  I'll be honest, it is a pain and annoying to wear a mask.  I would much rather NOT wear a mask, but I don't know if or when that will happen.

Moods change for better and worse.  Sometimes I fantasize about traveling.  Other times I feel like we will never leave the house, or at least travel again.

Courtney and I were really excited and looking forward to going on an Alaska cruise together this month.  No go.  In fact I cancelled a while back.  As did Nick with the cruise he had booked in May.

As usual, I think about all of the kids all of the time.  I am in communication with Courtney the most.  Not sure why.  Maybe because she is the first born.  Maybe it's a gender thing.  I am grateful to her for answering my texts and my questions.  And my emails.     

I have a sort of travel wish list.  I don't want to call it a bucket list because I just don't do bucket lists.

The places I want to travel to are:

  • Bangkok
  • Chiang Mai
  • Tromso
  • Taipei ?
  • China ?
  • Australia
 I can see spending up to two weeks in Thailand.   I want to visit Ampai and Bangkok, and Alek and Julie, and any other friends I may have in Chiang Mai.

It would probably make sense to put Taipei and China (as well as Hong Kong) into a whole South East Asia trip.  But I don't have any friends in Taipei or China.  I do have friends in Hong Kong.

After the trip to Norway five years ago, I feel like it would be really nice to spend an extended time in Tromso.  Maybe up to a year.  I would use Tromso as my home base while I travel through Europe.   That's where I would make a trip to visit Poznan.

I have friends and family in Norway.  I don't know a soul in Poland, but I would just like to see how it has changed.  And walk by the house that was our home for two years.

Australia?   How and when I do not know.   I have lost touch with almost everyone I knew in Perth, though there are a few people I would like to look up.

Who knows?   The global crisis we are going through may be a make it or break it.  For the US.  Maybe the rest of the world as well, I don't know.   

I am 66.  History of brain tumors/ surgery.   One new knee, one knee needing to be replaced.  I am obese.   I have celiac and who knows what else.  I don't feel old. I don't think of myself as old.  I feel like I have a lot of time and energy for many more adventures.

I can hope










No comments:

Post a Comment