Tuesday, October 29, 2019

I drove my car today!

I know, big deal.  I've been driving forever.  But, I have not driven since my knee replacement surgery on August 6th.  Actually, even before then because we went to Oregon and Nick did all the driving there.

Nick has been riving me everywhere because I have had to much difficulty getting into and out of the car.  I tried it out this morning, driving around the neighborhood.   It went fine.

I discovered though that I have to put the driver's seat all the way back and open the door all the way.  Otherwise I do not have enough flexibility to get my leg and foot in.

I thought,oh boy, I am out on my own.  I can go get my hair cut.  I can get my nails done.

I went to my Tuesday morning Breastfeeding Cafe' that I host at Starbucks.  A lot of moms came and it was really great.  But then I was pretty much done and ready to come home.

I did drive by our :old" house.   It did not evoke any emotions which I thought it would.   I guess it just felt good that someone is living there and hopefully making a happy home.  There were a lot of cars in the driveway, so I guess they had company.

I stopped in front of the Giant grocery store in Reston to drop off some plastic bags to recycle.  Hollis, our favorite bagger was there.  I He came and gave me a hug and said he hadn't seen me in such a long time.  That was so nice.  he told me to say hello to Nick!

On the way home, when I was stopped at a red light, I saw about a dozen motorcycle police on the road leading into Rt 50 where I was.  If I hadn't been driving I would have taken a picture.  You usually (never actually) see anything like that unless there is an entourage, but I didn't see one.

Tomorrow, back to physical therapy and Nick driving.    Since I have to take pain medication, I can't drive.



No comments:

Post a Comment