Friday, May 3, 2013

On this day, 26 years ago....

It is almost 1:00 am now, May 3, 2013.  Twenty six years ago I was in the late stages of labor with Austin.   It was and still is, the most remarkable thing I have ever done.

I "birthed" all of my children.  They all grew in my belly.  They all got out of my belly.  They all nursed for a long time.  They were all amazing, wonderful miracles.  Still are.

But when I was pregnant with Austin, I really wanted to have a VBAC (vaginal birth after a cesarean. I was supposed to have a VBAC with Darcy, my third baby.  But it didn't work out that.   So, when I was pregnant with Austin I made it my mission to not only "birth" a baby, but to give birth.

It's a long story and it is late, and I cannot write much more.  I will save you the suspense:  Yes, I got my VBAC!  Labor was hard and occasionally painful.  Having a doula as my advocate got me through the worst of it.   Pushing and pushing and pushing and "whoosh" out came Austin.  With no medications on board, I felt everything.  It was amazing.  the endorphins kicked in and I wanted to dance!

Now I am going to bed and dream about my sweet son.  My baby, now a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment