Wednesday, November 21, 2012

It's getting to be that tme of year again!

Thanksgiving is almost here.  Just two more days in fact.  But we are celebrating on Saturday like we did  last year.  We will prepare most of the meal here in our kitchen and my sister in law will prepare the rest in her kitchen.  Then we all meet at my mother in law's apartment to feast together.  Much easier to take a meal to a 95 year old than to bring her to the meal.

And so, I have started to write lists.  Yes, I am one of  those people who likes to write lists.  And then I get to check things off as I get them done.

Here's what I have written so far:
Tuesday (today)
Lactation Consultation at 11:00am
Breastfeeding Cafe' at Starbucks 1:00-3:00

Wednesday:
Gym 12:30
Nails done 4:00

Thursday:
Make gravy
Make bread for stuffing

Friday:

Make pies (2 pumpkin and one pecan)
Make stuffing

Saturday:
Get up early and stuff the turkey and put it in the oven
Peal potatoes
Leave for Alexandria by 11:30

Somewhere in there I hope to get to Weight Watchers too.

In the meantime, I bought a photo calendar package from Amazon- five calendars for a very good price.  I spent over an hour thinking I was loading pictures onto the page so I could make my calendars.  When I went to place them in the right places on the calendar, they were not there.  So, now I have to load the picture again and start over.  Oh well, not the end of the world, just one more thing.

And then there's Christmas!  Yikes! We are hosting a Christmas party.  Deep breath.  I will get through this.  I love this.  Oh yeah!

This is the kind of stuff that makes it so hard for me to shut off my brain and sleep at night.

I have sewing and knitting projects I want to work on and have not written them into any schedule.  Many of those things can be done while I sit and watch TV in the evening.  But I have to figure out what it is I am going to work on and have the supplies at hand.

It's after midnight.  I am going to do a little more work on my calendars and then, off to bed so I can wake up in the morning and start another happy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment