Tuesday, June 25, 2024

And, here I am again! / It's a Boy!

 I've been back from Maine for a while now I just have not had the discipline to write.  Just about every evening when I sit down at my computer I tell myself to blog.  But I don't.  I get caught up in Facebook and knitting patterns &yarn.  I play Solitaire .  

I think I have treated writing here as "homework" not me work.

Originally my sister and I and her dog were planning to go to Maine together.  But then she got pneumonia and really needed to stay home and rest and recover.

I extended my stay to be two days longer than originally planned so Austin would have recovery time from his trip to the west coast and we would have a couple of days to visit.  At the last minute- as I was actually tracking the flight Austin was supposed to be on, Austin texted me to say that he was staying in Oregon for an extra week.   I went through a range of emotions.  Anger.  Sad.  Mistreated.   In the end I stuck to my original travel plans and got an extra couple of days to enjoy Maine.    (Austin got a friend to come care for his cat)

On the flight back to Virginia there were some beautiful clouds we passed through.  I took a bunch of pictures because the clouds seemed photogenic.    But I don't think anyone will really get much out of my pictures besides me!



 











It was so HOT when I got back to Virginia.  It reminded me of the day we came home from our honeymoon.   We left sweater weather in London to arrive to a hot summer day in VA!

 Nick kept up with watering everything including my flowers!  I was pretty happy to see everything growing and thriving!   

Yes, this is what I came home to!!!

Buddy was very happy to see me too.  Silly old dog!

It was nice to get back to my recliner and to "normal" TV- meaning cable and real channels instead of just Netflix and Prime.  yes I am hooked on TV.  

We were anxiously awaiting the birth of our first grandchild,  Jody developed preeclampsia so we knew that she was going to be induced

 

. 


The morning of June 17th we got a text from Darcy saying that Galileo Brewster Sherwood had been born -weighing in at 5 pounds 2 ounces!

!!





 



 

 


 

 

Of course we think he is beautiful and cannot wait to meet him in person!  We are heading to North Carolina this coming weekend to see him!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have made two sweater for him so far and I am sure that there will be many more in the years to come!

 




                                                                                                                                                                                          


 

 

With all of the baby excitement I neglected to mention that Nick and I celebrated our 52nd wedding anniversary!

 

 

*********************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment