Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Maine in May 2022

 We drove up here from Aldie, VA stopping overnight to break up the trip,  It's Buddy's first car trip.  In fact, this is the farthest we have ever driven with any of our pets.

Maine is beautiful!   I was here last July, and Nick has been here to help Austin when he first moved here.

It is so different than anywhere I have ever lived and I marvel.  As the children of US Government workers, Nick and I grew as suburban kids with parents in pretty regular, stable jobs.  We both think of the Washington, DC are as "home".   

We have had many homes in other countries, but in the US, the Washington area is it.

It is sort of strange to me to see small businesses and shops and think of the people working there.  There are farms.  In fact, our Air B&B is owned by the family that farms the land around it.   How do people know what to do?   Sounds dumb, but it's a thing that I think about.

Austin lives in Warren, Maine and the place we are staying is also in Warren.  We are near Union, Maine, Camden , Maine, Rockport and Thomaston.   

I usually have issues placing photos on this blog and trying to put them in a particular position on the page along with my explanation of what the photo is of.  This time, at least for starters, I am just going to put the pictures on and figure out the rest another time.












No comments:

Post a Comment